It’s finally that time! With 3 weeks or less until baby arrives, its time to make sure we have our hospital bags packed and ready to go. I’d consider myself somewhat of a minimalist when it comes to hospital bag packing. I like to be prepared, however a lot of the lists I see people make seem a little crazy! After going through this once before, I’ve come up with a list of what I actually need to bring, and what I can just leave at home. Hopefully this is helpful to some of you expecting little ones soon or those of you preparing for the future! I will link the exact products I’m taking for those wanting to know.
- The Bag I’m using (My nana got this for me and it is PERFECT! So much room.)
- Chapstick (Must have item!)
- Robe/This sleep shirt (For walking the halls/pictures)
- Long Phone Charger (getting this 10ft. one from Amazon)
- Maxi Pads
- Flip-flops you can wear in the shower
I’ve seen people recommend taking your own bath towels and pillows, but in my opinion it’s just more unnecessary things you have to carry in and out. The ones the hospital provides are more than enough unless you are super particular! Another thing I personally don’t bring are extra pajamas for myself (besides the pair for pictures). When I had Harley, I just stayed in a hospital gown the whole time. This makes for less laundry for when you get home (the birthing process is messy), plus the hospital gown already has easy access for breast feeding and nurse check-ups. Of course, all of that is personal preference.
- Phone Charger
- 2 Changes of Clothes (& socks, underwear, etc.)
- Going Home Outfit (You’ll want more than one in case one doesn’t fit.)
- Swaddles/lightweight blankets
- Picture Props (if needed)
- Pajamas/white onesies
- Car Seat